May 27, 2010

New illustration project

Hi folks, my name is Morgan and Polar Bear Soup has graciously invited me to share a new project that I'm starting.  I'm taking my ideas about ways to save our planet's resources and putting them into illustrations.

The first piece deals with water bottles:


According to Wikipedia, "The U.S. is the largest consumer market for bottled water in the world....  In 2008, U.S. bottled water sales topped 8.6 billion gallons for 28.9% of the U.S. liquid refreshment beverage market, exceeding sales of all other beverages except carbonated soft drinks....  Americans drink 21 gallons of bottled water per capita per year."

Feel free to share this artwork!  Also, if you have any cool ideas of your own that you'd like to see in an illustration, leave a comment on this post or email me at morgan.nomura@gmail.com.

Have a beautiful and frugal day!
Morgan

4 comments:

  1. http://www.sfphes.org/water/FactSheets/bottled_water.htm

    I think this speaks for itself... I really dig the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.nrdc.org/water/drinking/bw/exesum.asp

    this is a better link...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I know that constantly buying bottled water is a big faux pas. So what do you both suggest as a substitute. I've heard that some of those water bottles take so much more energy to create they're not really worth it. Should I be using paper cups? Carry a glass everywhere? Maybe a goat's stomach? Love the artwork though. YAAAAY!!!! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desomniac, I have a couple of ideas for you since I don't know definitively what the best answer is.

    1. Hit up the Goodwill for used Sigg bottles. There are a lot there. Just clean the sh*t out of them! Shouldn't be too hard since the surfaces are non-porous.

    2. Get a glass for work; you probably already have one. It gives a nice "welcome to my living room" feel to the otherwise sterile cubicle atmosphere.

    3. If you don't want a metal bottle, buy 1 bottled water that's got thicker plastic and use it until you can use it no longer.

    4. Please research the implications of re-usable bottles! I'm dying to know more!

    ReplyDelete